Saturday, 15 March 2008

Workbench & Engine Storage

Didn't realise how lucky I was when I made my workbench. Not thinking about any engine in the beginning, the measurements of 6ft X 3ft x 1m high seemed like a good area to work on. Also I made it easy to move. Top just drops into the frame.
This now seems a prefect height and length to fit the engine and gearbox under without air filter which mine came without. Just made a little castor dolly for the gearbox as I nearly shat myself lifting it..
All tucks in there out the way and covered.

Monday, 10 March 2008

Bonnet Scoop

I decided to tackle this next. Marking up the bonnet to finds it centre and then 3" from the windscreen edge to the centre of the first screw. I measured up the Scoop and worked out from photos of other cars how many holes and where on the lip to drill the holes.Running masking tape between the scoop and bonnet I found to help hold it in place and prevent any accidental scratches. Once I was happy with its position a bit of decent gaffer tape held it in place while I drilled the holes.

Next was to cut the hole in the bonnet. Used some insulation tape to mark the hole edge and then armed myself with an angle grinder.I filled the gap with some Black polyurethane sealant and lightly clamped it to hold its natural shape.