Thursday 21 May 2009

Fuel pump & filter.

Little update snippet.
Just been mucking about last week working out the fitting and location of the pump and filter.
I made a bracket up and am just awaiting some fixings to come in the post before I assemble it.

Following the right angle fitting to the tank problem, I found a local Racing supply store. Great place with plenty of bits n bobs, and things hard to find even online. http://www.autocrossltd.com/
I took my hose and fitting into them, explained the problem and they found me a fitting. It was less than the speedflow site were asking! I will certainly be going back there!..... oh dear, lol
With the fitting solved I carried on with the pump and filter fitting. I had some sound proofing sheets from a previous project that I clad the ally bracket with to reduce any noise from the pump.Managed to hunt down some 60mm p-clips and a meter of 25mm fixing band that I cut to length and drilled to fix the filter. from CBS

2 comments:

Stonewall Jackson said...

Hi Steve, I have been watching your GD427 blog and read the post for Fuel pump mounting. I was wondering if you would be good enough to share with me the dimensions for your fuel pump mounting plate? I too am building a GD427 and will be test running my engine in the chassis before the body goes on (I do not have the body yet). If I have your approximate dimensions then I can make up a plate without having to modify it later on. I would be grateful if you could assist?

Steve said...

Sorry Stonewall, only just seen your post.
I'll pop out and measure it up and give some rough measurements. It was cut, bent and fitted by eye so no real dimensions involved.