Thursday 29 July 2010

D Day

Having had yesterday to final check and final fit some major bits, I found that the engine wasn't ticking over as it should, and its first drive up and down the garage block was rather lumpy not running right between 1-2k rpm. So I buried my head in the EFI book of words to try and figure it out. But with no joy.
I had to raise the suspension so the indicators are 350mm from the ground. So a little worried I called it a day. Work has been a bit silly and taken all my time as well as father duties in my spare evening time.

So I drove it to the test which was a great drive, left extra early to take a longer route to bed brakes in and check for gross error while still close to home. Had some fella at my first stop, fuel, coment about my number plate falling off, told him its a kit car and they do that. :)

Image centre caps fitted, nearly forgot. lucky I put them in the boot when they came.

Here we go....
Sadly it failed on emissions, hand brake not bed in enough, sticker for light switch should read side/dip and not side/main. Earth strap from the Tank to the chassis, as he wasn't happy with it being earthed through the neg on the sensor loom.
I had fitted a loom cover in the engine bay and the bolts protruded into the passenger side... doh
Rear Fog light should only come on with side, dip and main. Mine came one separate. Easy fix.
The seatbelt eye bolts undid with him twisting the belt latch, so I must locktite them.
Steering wheel needs to be (E) marked or a certificate of conformity to EU standards?!?!?! I called him up yesterday to clarify it, and basicly the centre boss should compact if your face was to come into contact with it. Never mind the radius's, the centre basically needs to be padded if there is no E mark on the wheel. So that's now an easy fix.
The tester was really helpful on some other parts such as the braided hoses touched the wish bones and I was told to wrap them with rubber hose and cable tie them while it was on the ramp. I also added locking nuts to the anti roll bar tie rods.
He was happy with the drilled pedals as they come from GD, the holes act as anti slip in the way that rubber on your soles presses in. That was his reading or the rules.
So a small list, but plenty to do. Emissions being the big one. It must be a duff spark plug or a blocked injector as it was set up perfectly on the dyno at EDA. So its not timing.

I had plenty of positive comments on the build and lots of attention, lots of people loved the paint job! :P heheh

No comments: