Monday 27 April 2009

Dials & GD customer service

The problem is that the print on the dials look smudged / over spray from a stencil or the ink was too wet. I have seen other cars where this isn;t the case and the lettering looks crisp.
This was something I kept meaning to bring up with GD, but kept forgetting until the weekend when I thought I'll make a start and trial fit the dials. I then remembered!
I know, I should have checked when I collected... hay ho...

I had some other things to discuss with Andy first, in regards to my next order and the new 99dB exhaust system. (Interestingly, the new exhaust system will exit at the rear further apart (More period look) to accommodate a bigger silencer mounted widthways. There should be a car like this at the show. Will get some pics.)
I bought this up and did say that I got them a while ago but haven't fitted or used them yet. Andy was very understanding, incredibly helpful and offered to send them back to the manufacturer.
To save me shipping them to him, I will give them to him at the Stoneliegh show next weekend.
Maybe I'm being a little picky, but in my eyes its all down to the detail. And they aint cheap.

No comments: