Friday 4 June 2010

Checking it over

Today was spent checking over some bits. Ran the engine up to temp, made sure the dials and instruments all worked and made sure the fans kicked in. When I was on the phone to GD, I asked them about the speedo, Andy knew roughly what my setup should read in 5th @ 1k rpm = 32mph. So I set about adjusting the speedo as it was reading 130mph on tick over in 5th, lol. just a little over. :P
I entered the number of 30000 that I was told and that was spot on. I will have to fine tune it on the day as that isnt the exact figure, more a ball park number. Also I'll try to adjust it so it reads a little over the true speed as there is less chance of a fail over reading speed than under reading.

Next I plugged up the EFI adjuster box to get familiar with the settings, 15mins later it starts to run rough. Noooo
Panicked I flick through the menus to see what I have unknowingly changed. It starts to cough, missfire and get worse. The throttle does nothing either... stopped the engine, try to restart... NOTHING!





That will be its first 5L of fuel gone then, LOL

No comments: