Wednesday 2 June 2010

Clutch sorted

After a chat with Andy (again) he gave me a few ideas to raise the biting point off the floor. Last resort would have been a larger master cylinder. And that would have meant a heavier pedal.

I knew I had some float in the clutch fork and reduced this to about 1/2mm then wound a bit out of the pedal adjuster and reduced the spacers that the Master is mounted with. With the help of my younger brother, we managed to get a bit more air out of the slave cylinder. Now it is biting about 2/3 of the travel down. This is while on axle stands and watching the hubs turn. so could be a little higher on the road.
I think my bro shat himself when I told him to fire it up, as he was sitting there :P hehe

Anyway, the clutch pedal is a bit heavy but I have fitted a street Twin and that will be heavy. I would compare it to a truck clutch, heavy but manageable. Unless your a wimp with less meat on you than a butchers pencil.

No comments: