Thursday 12 November 2009

Visit to the factory.

I arranged a day with Andy for me to pop up as I wanted to see my chassis being fabricated and discuss some other things.
Was pleased to see it in the jig being welded.

Hard to see what is what.
This is the front

And the back.
There was a full Euro rolling kit order being preped for Spain.
Interesting where the pump and filter are mounted. hmm...


I also got to see how easy it was to mount the body.

So if all goes to plan, 4 weeks I'll be collecting it. :P

Now to get cracking and get the bell housing dialled in properly. It's been a bit tricky, setting it. You have to torque up the bolts, check with a gauge, remove it, adjust the offset dowels , refit it, re torque.... and keep repeating the lengthy process till its within 5 thou!
Back out there this week.

3 comments:

Ryan said...

Can't be long now before that chassis turn's up.... excited or what ? :-)

Steve said...

Let's just say, I keep making sure my phone isn't on silent and fully charged! hehehe, Getting a bit fidgety now.

Steve said...

Not likely to be before chrimbo now. A few of the GD chaps have been off with Man flue. :) I hear the northern strain is rather nasty.
Headers will take a while to make as they are quite involved. And I want to pick everything up in one go. Ho hum