Thursday 4 February 2010

Adaptors fitted

Popped out again today, got the adaptors, enabling me to fit the speedflow fittings.
Also got some expanding foam. This is advised as the roll hoops are mounted direct to the chassis, they could transmit noise to round your head. Foam should cut this noise down. Personally I can't see how I'll hear anything over a roaring V8 and wind in your hair, but it looks like fun.
Says on the tin surface must be moist, could use a spray. Hmm to get inside the roll hoops? I dug out a small hand held steam cleaner that I bought one night very drunk off QVC. Knew there was a use for it one day. hehe.
After steam came out the other hole I injected the foam. As the harness anchor points are welded in, these seem to cause a block towards the top of the hoop so I "gave it some" in the other hole too. You can imagine the potential mess.
The rear leg was just filled till it was coming out the hole. 2 tins was enough, with some left over. May save it for the trick or treaters in October. :P

Fitted the started motor, this involved opening a bag with some wires in. More like opening a can for worms. I hate worms....

Note*
Now the body is on, this is too much of a loop as the red cable wont reach the + terminal!

No comments: