Wednesday 3 February 2010

Fuel lines

Spoke to Andy again as I need to fit Speedflow fittings as the system will be pressurised, and I had no idea how to link from copper line to JIC. He told me to track down a hydraulics suppliers and ask for a 10mm compression fitting and then an adaptor to JIC dash number (-6 and -8) He would have given me some but hasn't got any in stock.

The fittings are 10mm L - 1/4 BSP female stud :GAV10LR.
They didnt have the adaptors to -8 so had to get them ordered in. Lots of driving about today to find bits and go back out to buy other things I forgot. Who needs a shopping list. :P
Cut the crimps off the ends, plunged the pipes so no swarf got in the fuel line, and then fitted the Compression fittings. Good fun blasting them out with the air line. Think I managed to waste 10 min's seeing how far I could shoot the rear ones. :P
Also need to convert the fuel return to a JIC connector.Out I popped again, got this but it makes it too long and fouls on the engine. Looks like it'll be a speedflow adaptor. Another Kerching bit.

1 comment:

cooking copy said...

I just couldn't leave your website before telling you that I truly enjoyed the top quality info you present to your visitors? Will be back again frequently to check up on new posts. nebulizzatore a batteria