Sunday 21 March 2010

Engine Started.

Been busy with work so its time for an update! The new Ignition amplifier came last week. With all the spark plugs taken out and touching the block, I got a spark on all of the plugs!

Fitted them all back in and tried to start it. It fired up but only briefly. sounded like one turn or while starting. Tried again, it cought with the starter engaged but died instantly when let go of starter. The next thing this could be is the injectors as the have been sitting around for ages and could be bunged up. Found a place close by that would do a check and service for £200.

Before I pulled them out, I managed to get one of the local club members who is hot on wiring to have a look, as there were a few other issues I needed to get my head round.
Graham had a quick listen and said "That sounds electrical not fuel" Turned out, I had wired the Distributor + from the starter button and not and ignition live. DOH!!!

With this little error fixed, we gave it another go..... RRRROAR....
OH MY GOD! WHAT A SOUND!!!!!

Only ran for a few seconds as I had no cooling cos I wasn't expecting it to work. But wow, what a feeling.

So grateful for his help.

Thanks to Chedz.

No comments: