Friday 12 March 2010

Engine start?

Well I thought I'd brave it today. Bought some fuel, primed the pump as per the instructions.... cranked it over a few times, but nothing.
Smell of fuel from exhaust, plugs are wet, but no spark from ignition.

Checked all the plugs n wiring, all looks ok.

I remember the first Dyno attempt I went to, we had the same thing, and I remembered how Ken and Robert went about hunting for the problem. I checked continuity on connectors and went to check the hall effect sensor wiring in the distributor cap and then saw this.

This probably happened while it was being stored as it isn't new, so I re soldered them and put it all back together.
Tried to start it up again but still nothing.

Something I did notice when I first saw the broken wires was that the S was touching the + wire and now fear this could have damaged the Ignition Module.
One of the issues at the 1st dyno was the Ignition Amplifier Module, like now, no spark.
I went onto the Edelbrock forum and had a little read.....
Found some posts about checking pins and voltages.

The output voltage needs to be over 10.5V during turnover or there will be no spark.

Fingers crossed that's the problem. New bit ordered from the states.

No comments: