Friday 5 March 2010

Fuel filter.

As I'm looking at fitting the pump and filter to the Euro mounting points,
I immediately spotted a problem with the bits I had. The body would foul the filter as its 3" diameter. After hours of trying to find a suitable pre pump filter and many visits to places that ask what vehicle is it for, lol.
GD gave me some opinters on what to try and find and I found a place local to me that is a supplier of FSE Motorsport filters and gave them a call. They are only a warehouse but were willing to see me with some notice in advance.

The chap there was really helpful. Handed over some cash and got one of these. Nice quality feel to it.
Sticking with paper filters as the tank is new and will have some bits that it should stop.

Just need to make a heat shield from the exhaust

Solved.

No comments: