Thursday 22 April 2010

Engine Bay

While I was at the front, I got to work connecting up the cooling, heater hoses, brake & clutch lines and sorted out some wiring as I had this week to play about.

Firstly The battery cable. The one to the starter was 4" short of the terminal in the side of the body. I had loomed it up in the heat shielding with too much of a loop by the starter. (Bo**ox) This took me a day to rectify as now there is sod all room to get hands in to sort out.
I eventually pulled my scratched and cut hands away from the stainless cable ties having jiggled enough cable through without snagging anything else.
Most of the time was spent trying to cut the cable ties and re fit fresh ones. All part of the fun though.
I placed the reservoir bottles here as the smaller one looked odd next to the distributor where they are normally placed.
Ignition Amplifier placed where the washer bottle would have been. I will make up a little cover plate to go next to the fuse box to keep things looking tidy. Seen a few cars with these. Nice touch

Fed the EFI loom through the hole I remembered to make the night before we fitted the body.


Oh and fixed the gear stick hole by drawing round a roll of tape and using the dremel I also added some room for all the gears.

No comments: