I finally decided I had had enough brain melting trying to get the car tuned with the out of date hand module that came with ProFlo that no one knew how to use correctly.
Speaking with a few people I decided to go for MegaSquirt 2 Extra. Built professionally by Phil at http://www.extraefi.co.uk
You can buy these as a component form to DIY build but I have read of so many issues with fake kits or not what you expected or ordered. So got a pro to make it. He also helped me get the right bit of kit for my setup.
I also had to upgrade to a Wideband O2 sensor as ProFlo used a narrow band. Basically the old O2 only worked in a small range so couldn't tell if it was very rich or very lean, unlike wideband.
So out it comes.
Yes, that's the unit I had to use to use to tune all the parameters it allowed! Thanks to Robert for setting it up initially on the Dyno at EDA, otherwise I wouldn't be driving it.
MS2 unit and loom
As I was busy working, I had little time to get stuck into it. So spent many lunch breaks working out the wiring from my old setup to the new loom via wiring diagrams. I wanted to chop the old connector off and splice into the existing loom with the new connector.
I didn't get a chance to take pics of the loom splicing as time was precious and I had to crack on.
Basically I used 2 Sub D connectors to join the 2 looms rather than joining the wires direct.