Sunday 8 February 2009

Bonnet scoop

Messing about with the fitting, I thought I should put some thin foam between the two surfaces so I ordered some 2mm x 15mm Neoprene adhesive strip.
It came a few days later once the near Arctic chaos causing snow flake melted a bit so that the post could get back to delivering mail.It was fairly easy to apply and went round the curve well, but once fitted I wasn't happy.I thought it would compress more and easier. As I was fixing the screws it was causing a ripple, wave along the line and that was without trying to squash it down. Also I wasn't keen on the gap. Probably only be noticed by some deaf old person running out in front of me and may get commented on as they slide across the bonnet... but hey. So I decided to get rid...... 3 hours later I'm wishing I left it on. This stuff was a mare to get off. Break cleaner eventually got rid of the glue but left me with nuts n screw drivers stuck to my finger tips..And why pay extra for polished stainless screws? Dremel and polishing wheel will do.

No comments: