Saturday 29 May 2010

Bleeding Clutch

In more ways than one!

I bought one of the one way bleed kits and also one of the kits that works off a tyre to pressurise the system. Great idea when you know not to tighten the reservoir lid too much as it pops a thread and then pisses brake fluid out. :(
The trick was to snug it tight till you see the rubber seal touch all the way round. Too much and you can see it lift away about to jump a thread, easy to see now its soaked with fluid.
Anyway once I realised how to seal it, it worked really well, and it took a litre to do just the clutch.
One last pump on the pedal with my wife in the drivers seat, got a bit more air out of the slave cylinder as the bleed nipple is on the bottom.Fluid all over the place, in my hair and on my clothes, but that's another tick off the list.

Need to look into it as the biting point is right on the floor. Ran the engine and tried the gears. Further investigation required.

No comments: