Wednesday 26 May 2010

Head rests

As I mentioned earlier. My fixed seats will need headrests making up. The standard GD ones are not as big as the IVA regulations need. They need to be 150mm from the top of the seat and a certain width apart. Wont go into it cos its rather boring. IVA Manual.

So I made up some templates out of some scrap mdf (Mk1) Didn't realise about the minimum 150mm from seat top.
These ones are a bit on the small side. So I cut out some others that follow the body curve closely (Mk2), covered with foam then covered with vinyl. I decided for them to fit through the eyebolts as GD's stainless headrest T's have edges that Mr IVA tester may not like. So playing safe.

Didn't take many pics as my wife was helping and after realising the first ones were a bit small we cracked on with the Mk 2'sI hope they are good enough to pass.

Couldn't resist fitting harnesses too. :P

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice one Steve, I think I've seen them somewhere before but in red.

Steve said...

hehe, was checking with Andy at Stoneleigh about how best to tackle this subject. I like what you did but slightly different. :P