Thursday 6 May 2010

Carpets Part 1

Time for the next big step.

Before I got them out of the box, I gave the back end a quick polish with some Farecla G10. I spotted some marks around the roll hoop holes and don't want white spray on my new rugs.

Also took the dash support bars out so I could lay the carpet up to the bulkhead.

Now is a good time to take some reference pics of how the loom is run and fixed in the cockpit before you hide it with carpet should the IVA inspector want to know how its been secured

After having a little read of a couple of blogs and a quick look at the GD video on how to tackle it, I got the centre section lined up, checked along the edges and marked for the first hole.
Smack Bang in the middle. No pressure then.Cut it out small just in case I messed up the marking.

Used some spray on goo, and laid the top bit.
No pic yet, batteries ran out on my camera. lol

I need to work out how best to do the footwell extension. Thanks to Simon I have a plan.

1 comment:

Cobra Rob said...

Keep those pics coming no battery excuses :D and a good description :)
A few of us got a lot of catching up to do Steve