Monday 10 May 2010

More Carpets

Next was the rear bulkhead carpet. This I found to be the hardest as its one big peice to line up with the top edge, side edges and centre on the tunnel. Got there eventually.
Now you can lay the floor carpets. I didn't glue them as they will be held in place by the harness bolts and the seat runners. Also should it get soaked they can be removed so they don't rot.

I fitted the seat runners to the seats. These needed a bit of clearance but the runner holes are moulded into the seats, just heed to find them and cut through to reveal them.Once fitted I measured the hole centres and checked against the holes pre marked in the floor as the body is a few years old. But no, they are spot on. Cracking consistency on GD's part!
So I drilled out the holes in the floor and with a white marker I marked the carpets up through the holes in the floor and punched the holes out.

No comments: