Friday 28 May 2010

Steering wheel

I went for the leather Motolita wheel as opposed to the wooden one. I tried both out when I was up at GD and personally felt the wooden one was a little thin and didn't like the varnished feel but they do look nice. So I decided to go for the leather type. Rather pleased with it. Nicely made.With the polished boss attached, it was now a case of fitting 2 bolts with long shanks to act as indicator cancellation. Carefully measured the angle the where cancel switch is positioned to the horizontal and marked this angle on the rear of the hub.
Next I measured the distance from the shaft to the edge of the switch bracket and marked the boss and leave enough of a gap between for the switch to engage.
Drilled and tapped 2 6mm holes and cut the heads off after measuring how deep they need to be.Looking more like a car every day.To do list is getting shorter too :D

No comments: