Tuesday 4 May 2010

Tank Sender


I had already bent and soldered the sender arm, tested the full range inside the tank with a multimeter and rotating the tank.
Its not 100% accurate, more of a guide as on empty there will still be some left in the tank



Now don't you hate it when you buy something off ebay and it isn't what it should be or what you think it is?

Well I went a bought some "Hylomar Blue" gasket as its supposed to be fuel safe to seal the sender. It sat on the shelf for a couple of months. I went to use it yesterday and when I opened the seal I realised it wasn't the Blue stuff just clear silicone gasket stuff. Dam I'd been Evilbayed again! So I went hunting again and found the right stuff.

Top one is the right one.
Bottom one is just clear silicone, not great for fuel.

Applied to the surface of the sender, tank and cork seal. Fingers crossed no fuel vapours in the boot.

No comments: