Wednesday 5 May 2010

Pedal Box

Getting ready for the carpets, I removed the pedals and after Chatting with GD, it was explained to me how to adjust the pedals.
Before I removed it, I marked where the accelerator was at rest and fitted the cylinders with spacers the same as the bulkhead they bolt through, to show how the pedals sit and then adjust.

both the clutch and brake have threaded push rods, The clutch I wound all the way in towards the pedal and the brake far enough out to be just above the clutch but also making sure there was enough thread still in the pedal and locked with the nuts. I also bent the pedals apart a little as they were too close for my feet so they are now about 5cm apart.

Im not sure if I got the heights right but its better than what it was. May add some washers to the clutch if its still to high as there is no more thread left.

Next is to make a pedal stop for the accelerator by bending some 10mm studding and using it to mount the pedal box, in place of one bolt.

No comments: