Saturday 8 May 2010

Carpets Part 3

With my head now clear, it was time to tackle the sides.
These have a vinyl strip that overlaps and is held by the sill. Lined it up with the carpet edge about 20mm away from the door lip and marked the body with a white crayon and then applied some spray glue as its a flat area it should work fine.

Did the same the other side, then started on the door cards.
I fitted the studs and lined them up and pressed to mark the tape, then drilled them about 7mm

For the pedals footwell, I marked the holes on the back of the carpet from inside the wheel arch then made a cardboard template of the pedal box,lines the 2 up, marked it and and cut out the carpet.
Using the template I marked the bulkhead so as to know where the carpet needs to fit.

So far I have used 2 cans of spray adhesive and a 1L tin of evostick. 1more tin should do. Got some Time bond stuff this time.... less fumes, lol.

2 comments:

Cobra Rob said...

Really starts to take shape with the carpets going in :)
Keep sniffing the good stuff :)

Steve said...

Thanks.
Baldes covered in glue, stuck to my hands, spaced out my nut. The wife thought I was Edward Scissor hands!