Sunday 2 May 2010

Stoneleigh 2010

Went up to Stoneleigh with a big shopping list, got 90% of what I wanted and spent 130% of what I had intended! Gotta love car shows.
Anyway, I picked up a load of bits from GD and saw something unexpected.

GD with a LeMan Hardtop. hmm :P
Not the best pics but you get the idea.
The owner who I have met a few times before, Charlie, had adapted the hood himself from another kit company and it looks very nice indeed. Not currently an option at GD but the more people that poke Andy about it the sooner I can get one if its a reasonable price. Andy did mention that the screen would have to be raked back as it looks better that way. Gotta agree.

It was nice to met up with some fellow builders, Simon R, Martin, Andy and Alan. (not all in the pic) Had a nice chat and then went off to carry on with my shopping list. Down side apart from and empty wallet was that I didn't get to spend much time looking at the club stand or the rest of the show.

Next year I will drive mine there.

1 comment:

Andy said...

Good to meet you Steve, spoke to Andy on Friday and he says he is working on a le mans style hard top. So I think I may well set the windscreen at the correct rake when I get to that point, a bit of a way off for that yet though!