Tuesday 25 May 2010

Seats Fitted

The seat runners fit perfectly to the holes in the seats and the ones pre marked for drilling in the floor.
Now, all adjustable seats must have headrests fitted for the IVA.
To use roll bar headrests the seats have to be fixed and not adjustable.
I will post up how I did this if it works and is sufficient to their requirements.

Next was to knock up some spacers, 25mm for the front and 5mm for the rear. These are recommended by GD to give best support and comfort. I had some odds n ends of material that I cut to size. Tried them with the seat in place but found them personally too much. My knees felt too high for the full range of the clutch. Maybe I have short legs.
So after some faffing about with different size ones I decided to go with 15mm at the front. (used 8mm washers wrapped in tape for the spacers). This gives me the support needed under the legs while still feeling comfortable. I may swap back to 25mm once the seats have bedded in.
It is a little fiddly getting the bolts through the runners, spacers and lined up with the floor holes.
Tightening the bolts is a bit tricky as a spanner wont fit in the runner even if you push the seat back or forward to expose the heads. I used a flat blade screw driver between the head of the bolt and the side of the runner. this stopped it from rotating while I tightened the nuts up. Nice little trick and worked well.

No comments: