Friday 7 May 2010

Carpets Part 2

Firstly I'n off my nut from evostick fumes. Hope I make some sense.

The spray adhesive wasn't great for the tunnel as it lifted away along the seamed edge, So I wasn't happy and easily pulled the lot off. Opened a tin of "Car Builders Solution Carpet Adhesive" AKA Evostick and carefully realigned the carpet. This was hard now cos of the old glue.
Next was the foot-well bit. Got some advice off Simon and GD like to do it so there is no cut edge where your foot will rub causing it to fray and have lined it with ally before. So while fumed up, I took this approach.
Marked the edge with some chalk, pressed the carpet to get a mark, measured it and trimmed to fit.Marked the inside lip and used the offcut to cover the face towards you.
This is by no means the proper way to do it, Just the way I worked it out. The top edge is a little bare and the bottom part will have an edge showing. But who's going to see it in there?

Right off to get some fresh air.

No comments: